Chris Cooper Talks About His 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Role
Norman Osborn may be introduced in next summer's movie, but the actor playing him says that the movie isn't his beginning.
We know that Chris Cooper will play Norman Osborn in next year's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 -- he's even in the trailer! -- but Cooper is hinting that, although he will appear, fans shouldn't expect "the beginning" of the character in the movie.
"This is a very strange introduction for Norman Osborn," the actor told Moviefone. "I just can't reveal why it's that way, but this is not the beginning of Norman. It is the introduction, but it's not the beginning. And I think that's as far as I can go."
Aside from that cryptic comment, Cooper said that Osborn's introduction is "apparently … going to lead to other things down the road," adding that, while he didn't do any green screen work for ASM2, it "maybe" could be a big part of his work in the third installment of the series. "I'm under the impression that this is going to carry on," he replied when asked if he was signed up for the third movie.
"An actor has to do these big tentpole productions something like once every five years," he said, explaining why he'd taken the role of Osborn. "It just keeps the name alive, as some of these smaller films that may not make it around the world tend not to do."
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens May 2, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR