Chris Cooper Talks About His 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Role
Norman Osborn may be introduced in next summer's movie, but the actor playing him says that the movie isn't his beginning.
We know that Chris Cooper will play Norman Osborn in next year's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 -- he's even in the trailer! -- but Cooper is hinting that, although he will appear, fans shouldn't expect "the beginning" of the character in the movie.
"This is a very strange introduction for Norman Osborn," the actor told Moviefone. "I just can't reveal why it's that way, but this is not the beginning of Norman. It is the introduction, but it's not the beginning. And I think that's as far as I can go."
Aside from that cryptic comment, Cooper said that Osborn's introduction is "apparently … going to lead to other things down the road," adding that, while he didn't do any green screen work for ASM2, it "maybe" could be a big part of his work in the third installment of the series. "I'm under the impression that this is going to carry on," he replied when asked if he was signed up for the third movie.
"An actor has to do these big tentpole productions something like once every five years," he said, explaining why he'd taken the role of Osborn. "It just keeps the name alive, as some of these smaller films that may not make it around the world tend not to do."
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens May 2, 2014.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet