Chris Pratt Shows Off Fit Physique for 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
The "Parks and Recreation" actor previously had gained 60 pounds for his comedic role in this summer's "Delivery Man."
From the looks of it, Chris Pratt and his newly acquired six-pack will be ready to guard the galaxy in next summer's interstellar flick, based on the Marvel Comics' superhero team.
The What's Your Number? star posted a photo to his Instagram of his ultratoned chest and torso with a caption that read: "Six months no beer. Kinda douchey to post this but my brother made me."
This is not the first time Pratt has had to bulk up for a role. For 2012's Zero Dark Thirty, Pratt hit the gym in order to play a ripped Navy SEAL only to, shortly thereafter, pack on the pounds for the Vince Vaughn comedy Delivery Man.
Pratt spoke about his Delivery Man weight gain during an appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, saying, "I gained 60 pounds in about four-and-a-half months. I just did it the old-fashioned way: eating and drinking my face off."
In Guardians, Pratt will play Peter Quill, the offspring of a human mother and an alien father who becomes the leader of an ex-con alien task force that must defeat cosmic threats.
Guardians also stars Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Karen Gillan and Glenn Close, and will hit theaters Aug. 1, 2014.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material