Chris Pratt Shows Off Fit Physique for 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
The "Parks and Recreation" actor previously had gained 60 pounds for his comedic role in this summer's "Delivery Man."
From the looks of it, Chris Pratt and his newly acquired six-pack will be ready to guard the galaxy in next summer's interstellar flick, based on the Marvel Comics' superhero team.
The What's Your Number? star posted a photo to his Instagram of his ultratoned chest and torso with a caption that read: "Six months no beer. Kinda douchey to post this but my brother made me."
This is not the first time Pratt has had to bulk up for a role. For 2012's Zero Dark Thirty, Pratt hit the gym in order to play a ripped Navy SEAL only to, shortly thereafter, pack on the pounds for the Vince Vaughn comedy Delivery Man.
Pratt spoke about his Delivery Man weight gain during an appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, saying, "I gained 60 pounds in about four-and-a-half months. I just did it the old-fashioned way: eating and drinking my face off."
In Guardians, Pratt will play Peter Quill, the offspring of a human mother and an alien father who becomes the leader of an ex-con alien task force that must defeat cosmic threats.
Guardians also stars Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Karen Gillan and Glenn Close, and will hit theaters Aug. 1, 2014.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!