Christian Bale Flies Young Cancer Patient to Disneyland (Photo)
The star of the just-completed Batman trilogy met with four-year old Jayden Barber, who is battling leukemia.
Forget his efforts to defeat Bane; Christian Bale is proving more heroic off-screen this summer.
The Dark Knight Rises star has quietly completed his second act of major kindness in the past two months, as he flew four-year old leukemia patient Jayden Barber and his entire family out to Los Angeles for an intimate lunch at Disneyland's Club 33 earlier this week.
Barber has been fighting cancer for over two years, as chemotherapy for bone cancer in 2010 then turned into MDS leukemia last year, according to WYTV in Ohio. Thought to be terminal after a bone marrow transplant did not work earlier this year, Barber is now in remission.
His mother, Charlene Barber, posted photos of the meeting on Facebook, in the group Lighting the Batsignal for Jayden, and wrote a glowing post about the experience.
"The entire interaction was like old friends having lunch. Jayden did not get star struck but was well aware of who we were with!" she gushed. "They talked movies and super Heros an he was genuinely happy to hear about everything Jayden wanted to tell him. Christian, his wife and daughter are three of the most beautiful people we have ever met! Christian made these arrangements for us personally and ensured we were treated like royalty. I don't have even one negative thing to say about them. I can tell you that they were just as impressed w Jayden as Jayden was w them :)"
Barber was given a celebration featuring his favorite superheroes in the local football stadium in Youngstown, Ohio.
Earlier this summer, Bale met with the victims of the mass shooting at a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public