Christina Ricci Joins Cast of 'Smurfs' Sequel (Exclusive)
The actress, who appeared in "The Addams Family," "Casper" and "That Darn Cat" early in her career, returns to family fare in the role of Vexy, an evil version of Katy Perry's character Smurfette.
Christina Ricci is feeling a little blue.
The actress is joining the sequel to The Smurfs, Sony and Sony Pictures Animation's follow-up to the surprise 2011 hit based on the Belgian comic characters created by Peyo. The CG/live-action hybrid, directed by Raja Gosnell, grossed $564 million worldwide. It starred Neil Patrick Harris and Hank Azaria and featured voice performances by Alan Cumming, Katy Perry, Paul Reubens and Anton Yelchin.
Much of the cast is expected to return for the sequel, which again sees Gosnell in the director’s seat. Sony has set a release date of July 31, 2013.
Ricci will voice a new character named Vexy, an evil version of Smurfette (Perry).
The actress most recently starred in the short-lived ABC series Pan Am and next appears in the period drama Bel Ami with Robert Pattinson and Uma Thurman, which opens June 8.
She is repped by ICM, Management 360 and Ziffren Brittenham.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR