Christoph Waltz in Talks to Play the Villain in 'Tarzan'
Alexander Skarsgard is already on board as the title character in the Warner Bros. adventure film.
Christoph Waltz is in negotiations to play the villain in Tarzan, Warner Bros.' take on the classic Edgar Rice Burroughs hero, THR has confirmed.
David Yates is directing the movie, which has Alexander Skarsgard attached as the titular character, a man who is raised by apes.
Waltz will play a Belgian soldier named Captain Rom who attempts to capture Tarzan in exchange for a ransom in diamonds.
The studio next has to cast its Jane, with Margot Robbie and Emma Stone's names both having surfaced for the part.
Producing are Jerry Weintraub and Alan Riche, with Mike Richardson of Dark Horse Entertainment and Yates exec producing and Jesse Ehrman overseeing for the studio.
The role is a return to the dark side for Waltz, who has made a career playing villains -- though his last role was that of a benevolent bounty hunter in Django Unchained.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet