Christopher Nolan to Exec Produce Wally Pfister's Directorial Debut
The "Dark Knight Rises" filmmaker and producing partner Emma Thomas have boarded Alcon's untitled thriller.
Christopher Nolan and his wife and producing partner Emma Thomas have boarded Alcon’s untitled thriller that is serving as the directorial debut of Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister.
Pfister is Nolan’s go-to director of photography, having worked on seven of filmmaker’s movies dating back to his breakout 2000 hit Memento, including the upcoming Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. He won an Oscar for his work on Nolan’s Inception and has been nominated three other times.
Nolan and Thomas’ boarding puts the duo back in business with the company that made Nolan’s 2002 thriller Insomnia, which Pfister worked on.
PHOTOS: 28 of Summer's Most Anticipated Movies
Newcomer Jack Paglen wrote the script, which Alcon picked up in March for Pfister.
It was initially developed by Annie Marter and sold as a pitch to Straight Up Films. Straight Up’s Marisa Polvino and Kate Cohen as well as Marter will produce with Alcon’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove.
Regency Boies will co-produce. The plot is being kept under wraps.
Alcon hopes to get shooting in the fall or early winter.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR