Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Trailer Debuts (Video)
The future of humanity's survival rests on Matthew McConaughy's mission in the November science fiction epic from the "Dark Knight" director.
For those hoping that the second trailer for Christopher Nolan’s science-fiction project Interstellar would shed some more light on the movie following the enigmatic debut teaser from last year, prepare to be intrigued.
As Michael Caine tells hero Matthew McConaughy in the new trailer, mankind “isn’t meant to save the world” in the wake of what appears to be a natural disaster that has meant an end to food production on Earth, but instead leave the planet in search of new beginnings.
With appropriate epic sweep, the trailer mixes the visual spectacle of Gravity with a more ambitious intent: nothing less than the future survival of humanity itself.
The new trailer actually officially debuted at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum last week, accompanying a screening of the IMAX documentary Hubble 3D, a sign of both the reputation Nolan enjoys from movies like The Dark Knight and Inception and, perhaps, possible inspiration for the space scenes in Interstellar.
Interstellar is released November 7
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Lana Del Rey Tells Complex She Has 'Slept With A Lot Of Guys In The Industry'
- Jon Stewart Wants You To Help Him Buy CNN
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson And Jimmy Fallon Were Failed Fitness Instructors Once
- From "Eve Of Destruction" to "Already Gone": Conversations with Jack Tempchin and P.F. Sloan, Plus a Godsmack Track