Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Trailer Debuts (Video)
The future of humanity's survival rests on Matthew McConaughy's mission in the November science fiction epic from the "Dark Knight" director.
For those hoping that the second trailer for Christopher Nolan’s science-fiction project Interstellar would shed some more light on the movie following the enigmatic debut teaser from last year, prepare to be intrigued.
As Michael Caine tells hero Matthew McConaughy in the new trailer, mankind “isn’t meant to save the world” in the wake of what appears to be a natural disaster that has meant an end to food production on Earth, but instead leave the planet in search of new beginnings.
With appropriate epic sweep, the trailer mixes the visual spectacle of Gravity with a more ambitious intent: nothing less than the future survival of humanity itself.
The new trailer actually officially debuted at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum last week, accompanying a screening of the IMAX documentary Hubble 3D, a sign of both the reputation Nolan enjoys from movies like The Dark Knight and Inception and, perhaps, possible inspiration for the space scenes in Interstellar.
Interstellar is released November 7
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014