'Chronicle,' 'Contraband' Directors Sign with Management 360 (Exclusive)
Josh Trank and Baltasar Kormakur are both behind surprise 2012 box-office hits
Chronicle director Josh Trank and Contraband director Baltasar Kormakur have signed with Management 360.
Both filmmakers are repped by WME and both helmed surprise box-office hits earlier this year.
Trank made his directorial debut with Chronicle, a found-footage movie about three teens who discover super powers. The Fox release grossed more than $64 million domestically when it opened February 3. The movie has proven to be a launching pad for Trank, who now has several projects set up around town.
Kormakur directed the Icelandic thriller Jar City before making his English-language debut with Contraband, the Mark Wahlberg thriller that grossed $66 million domestically for Universal when it opened January 13. He is now in pre-production on 2 Guns, an adaptation of a Boom! Comic book mini-series that has Wahlberg and Denzel Washington attached to star.
The signings, combined with 360 picking up The Raid director Gareth Evans last fall, is positioning the company as a major player for directors who start with low and modest-budgeted pics before moving on to larger-scale movies.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!