'Chronicle,' 'Contraband' Directors Sign with Management 360 (Exclusive)
Josh Trank and Baltasar Kormakur are both behind surprise 2012 box-office hits
Chronicle director Josh Trank and Contraband director Baltasar Kormakur have signed with Management 360.
Both filmmakers are repped by WME and both helmed surprise box-office hits earlier this year.
Trank made his directorial debut with Chronicle, a found-footage movie about three teens who discover super powers. The Fox release grossed more than $64 million domestically when it opened February 3. The movie has proven to be a launching pad for Trank, who now has several projects set up around town.
Kormakur directed the Icelandic thriller Jar City before making his English-language debut with Contraband, the Mark Wahlberg thriller that grossed $66 million domestically for Universal when it opened January 13. He is now in pre-production on 2 Guns, an adaptation of a Boom! Comic book mini-series that has Wahlberg and Denzel Washington attached to star.
The signings, combined with 360 picking up The Raid director Gareth Evans last fall, is positioning the company as a major player for directors who start with low and modest-budgeted pics before moving on to larger-scale movies.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum