'Chronicle' Director Josh Trank Developing 'Shadow of the Colossus'
Kevin Misher is producing Sony's adaptation of the popular PlayStation 2 video game.
Josh Trank, the director behind this year’s surprise found footage movie Chronicle, has signed on to develop The Shadow of the Colossus as a directing vehicle.
Colossus is Sony’s adaptation of the popular PlayStation 2 video game. Kevin Misher is producing.
The project was initially set up in 2009 and had a script written by Justin Marks. However, Trank will oversee the writing of a new script, with the moviemakers currently out to scribes for the gig.
The game’s story involves a young man named Wander, who, riding his trusty steed Argo, travels a world defeating 16 colossal beings in order to resurrect a girl named Mono.
Trank has become quite popular since the success of Chronicle, a found footage movie about three teens who discover superpowers and end up battling above the skies of Seattle. The movie was made for around $12 million and grossed $124 million worldwide.
Since Chronicle, Trank, repped by WME and Management 360, has been associated with Spider-Man spin-off Venom at Sony and a Fantastic Four reboot at Fox.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)