'Chronicle' Director Josh Trank Developing 'Shadow of the Colossus'
Kevin Misher is producing Sony's adaptation of the popular PlayStation 2 video game.
Josh Trank, the director behind this year’s surprise found footage movie Chronicle, has signed on to develop The Shadow of the Colossus as a directing vehicle.
Colossus is Sony’s adaptation of the popular PlayStation 2 video game. Kevin Misher is producing.
The project was initially set up in 2009 and had a script written by Justin Marks. However, Trank will oversee the writing of a new script, with the moviemakers currently out to scribes for the gig.
The game’s story involves a young man named Wander, who, riding his trusty steed Argo, travels a world defeating 16 colossal beings in order to resurrect a girl named Mono.
Trank has become quite popular since the success of Chronicle, a found footage movie about three teens who discover superpowers and end up battling above the skies of Seattle. The movie was made for around $12 million and grossed $124 million worldwide.
Since Chronicle, Trank, repped by WME and Management 360, has been associated with Spider-Man spin-off Venom at Sony and a Fantastic Four reboot at Fox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game