'Chuck' Co-Creator Tapped to Write Walden's Houdini Project (Exclusive)
The story centers on a young boy who, upon hearing the news that he's a descendant of Houdini, embarks on a journey to unravel the secrets of the famous magician's past.
Chuck co-creator Chris Fedak has been tapped for writing duties on Walden’s untitled Harry Houdini project, which is serving as a directing vehicle for Mark Waters.
The project has been in development since 2006, with Brett Merryman writing the initial screenplay. Josh Klausner also worked on it over the years.
The story centers on an unsuspecting high schooler who finds himself in grave danger when he discovers a family secret leading back to the legendary illusionist. Using clues left through the centuries, he must race to uncover the greatest magical secret known to man.
Waters and his Watermark Pictures partner Jessica Tuchinsky are producing, as is Jason Hoffs.
Walden's Evan Turner and Michael Bostick are overseeing.
Fedak created Chuck with Josh Schwartz, and the two acted as showrunners on the NBC spy action-comedy starring Zachary Levi, which ran for five seasons. The show was known for its passionate cult following, which saved it several times from cancellation.
Fedak is repped by WME and Ufuse Management.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!