Chuck Palahniuk's 'Fight Club 2' Scheduled for April 2015
The sequel will be released as a 10-issue comic book mini-series, illustrated by Cameron Stewart and released by Dark Horse Comics.
Ahead of Saturday’s planned panel, more details have emerged about Chuck Palahniuk’s comic book follow-up to his his seminal Fight Club novel.
The 10-part series, to be published by Dark Horse Comics, will be illustrated by Cameron Stewart and take place in time periods both ahead of, and behind, the original 1996 novel—famously adapted into a movie by director David Fincher—in the process, re-examining themes from the first book from a new perspective.
The author told USA Today that, while the first book was “such a tirade against fathers—everything I had thought my father had not done combined with everything my peers were griping about their fathers,” the sequel—which features the son of the original, unnamed, protagonist—comes from the fact that he “now… finds myself at the age that my father was when I was trashing him” and explores whether the protagonist can be a better father than his own.
Palahnuik also teased a surprise revelation about one of the characters from the original story. “Tyler [Durden] is something that maybe has been around for centuries and is not just this aberration that's popped into [the original protagonist’s] mind,” he said. Who knew that Fight Club was more supernatural than it seemed…?
Fight Club 2 will launch in April 2015.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!