Circle of Confusion Signs 'Ritual' Writer-Director (Exclusive)
Mickey Keating’s feature debut will be released by After Dark Films later this year.
Ritual writer-director Mickey Keating has signed with Circle of Confusion for management, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The 23-year-old shot and edited the horror feature last year, shortly after graduating from Boston University’s College of Communications. The film, about a man who discovers his estranged wife has killed a stranger connected to a dangerous cult, will be released in the U.S. later this year by After Dark Films.
“Mickey is a new Tarantino of horror,” Circle of Confusion partner David Engel tells THR. “He’s an expert in horror movies around the world, from the 1920s to present day.”
Keating is currently developing his second horror feature, Hunt.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX