'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2' Trailer: Food-Animal Hybrids Invade Swallow Falls
The sequel promises more food, fun and faulty inventions -- this time, with a twist.
When Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs ended, inventor Flint Lockwood and the residents of Swallow Falls had to leave their precious home behind due to Lockwood’s new invention that turned water into food.
In Sony Pictures Animation's upcoming Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, Lockwood (voiced by Saturday Night Live’s Bill Hader) has been recognized for his inventive talents. He has a steady job at The Live Corp Co. under his idol, Chester V (SNL alum Will Forte). Now, however, a discovery forces Lockwood and his gang to return to the land they left behind.
What they find is that Lockwood’s machine has been working away while they were gone, creating food-animal hybrids like “Shrimpanzees,” “Mosquitoast,” and “Tacodiles,” which come in a “Supreme” variety.
Lockwood and his friends must now work to shut down the machine once again, before the foodie fiends invade the rest of the world.
The animated movie also features the voices of Anna Faris (What’s Your Number?), Andy Samberg (SNL), and Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother).
The 3D Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is scheduled to hit theaters Sept. 27.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!