'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2' Trailer: Food-Animal Hybrids Invade Swallow Falls
The sequel promises more food, fun and faulty inventions -- this time, with a twist.
When Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs ended, inventor Flint Lockwood and the residents of Swallow Falls had to leave their precious home behind due to Lockwood’s new invention that turned water into food.
In Sony Pictures Animation's upcoming Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, Lockwood (voiced by Saturday Night Live’s Bill Hader) has been recognized for his inventive talents. He has a steady job at The Live Corp Co. under his idol, Chester V (SNL alum Will Forte). Now, however, a discovery forces Lockwood and his gang to return to the land they left behind.
What they find is that Lockwood’s machine has been working away while they were gone, creating food-animal hybrids like “Shrimpanzees,” “Mosquitoast,” and “Tacodiles,” which come in a “Supreme” variety.
Lockwood and his friends must now work to shut down the machine once again, before the foodie fiends invade the rest of the world.
The animated movie also features the voices of Anna Faris (What’s Your Number?), Andy Samberg (SNL), and Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother).
The 3D Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is scheduled to hit theaters Sept. 27.
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Gosselin Performs DJ Gig At An Empty New Jersey Bowling Alley
- A Few Words on Russell Tovey and Why If It Weren't for My Father, I Wouldn't Be a Faggot
- Giorgio Armani Kicks Madonna While She's Down About THAT Cape
- Is 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules The Mystery Contestant On 'Dancing With The Stars'?
- Bobby Brown's Family Filming Reality Series During Bobbi Kristina Brown's Hospitalization
- Kanye West Tells Oxford Students: If I Can Remove My Ego, 'There's Hope For Everyone'
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'