Cole Hauser Joins Johnny Depp in 'Transcendence' (Exclusive)
Christopher Nolan is executive producing the heady sci-fi thriller.
Cole Hauser is in final neogitations to joins the high-profile cast of Transcendence, Alcon’s Johnny Depp-starring sci-fi thriller.
Paul Bettany, Morgan Freeman, Rebecca Hall, Kate Mara and Cillian Murphy are also in the roll call for the movie, which is serving as the directorial debut of cinematographer Wally Pfister.
Plot details have been closely guarded, but it is described as being in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. Depp stars as a man who creates a computer that develops a malevolent awareness.
Hauser will play a military officer called upon to save the world.
Alcon Entertainment is financing and producing the project. Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Aaron Ryder are executive producers.
Transcendence continues Hauser’s thriller movie streak. The actor was already seen this year in A Good Day to Die Hard and in the surprise hit Olympus Has Fallen with Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart.
He is repped by APA, IAM Management and Morris Yorn.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Jack Falahee on How to Get Away With Murder, Viola Davis, and His Cast BFFs
- Which Braverman Made Us Cry the Most on Parenthood? A Very Scientific Ranking
- Why Are There So Many Arnolds in This Terminator: Genisys Trailer?
- This Trailer for the New Divergent Movie Is Actually Trying to Get Us to Call It The Divergent Series: Insurgent
- Pregnant Isla Fisher Works on Her Fitness Before Giving Birth
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman's Son Could Be Born on Super Bowl Sunday 2015!
- Adrian Grenier Pitches New Movie About a Whale at Sundance
- Amy Schumer Freaks Out Anna Kendrick in First Promo for MTV Movie Awards 2015 - Watch Now!