'The Collection' to Kick Off Screamfest (Exclusive)
"Saw" franchise vets Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton wrote the horror movie, which Dunstan directed.
The Collection, a horror film directed by the Saw franchise’s Marcus Dunstan, will open the 12th annual Screamfest.
The horror film festival runs Oct. 12-21 at L.A. Live's Regal Cinemas In Los Angeles.
Dunstan, along with partner Patrick Melton, wrote Saw IV, V and VI. The duo also wrote the recent Piranha 3DD.
Collection, which the duo wrote and Dunstan directed, stars Josh Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises, TV's Criminal Minds), Emma Fitzpatrick (The Social Network) and veteran actor Christopher McDonald (HBO's Boardwalk Empire). It follows a man who is forced to lead a team of mercenaries to rescue a woman who has become the latest obsession of a crazed killer who “collects” people in what turns out to be a booby-trapped house of horrors.
Liddell Entertainment and Fortress Features produced the movie with LD Entertainment releasing The Collection on Nov. 30.
Dunstan and Melton will be present at the Screamfest opening, as will Stewart and Fitzpatrick.
Among other Screamfest highlights is the premiere of The Factory, a John Cusack thriller that has been completed since 2008 but never seen, along with premieres of scary movies from Canada, Italy and Norway.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR