'The Collection' to Kick Off Screamfest (Exclusive)
"Saw" franchise vets Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton wrote the horror movie, which Dunstan directed.
The Collection, a horror film directed by the Saw franchise’s Marcus Dunstan, will open the 12th annual Screamfest.
The horror film festival runs Oct. 12-21 at L.A. Live's Regal Cinemas In Los Angeles.
Dunstan, along with partner Patrick Melton, wrote Saw IV, V and VI. The duo also wrote the recent Piranha 3DD.
Collection, which the duo wrote and Dunstan directed, stars Josh Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises, TV's Criminal Minds), Emma Fitzpatrick (The Social Network) and veteran actor Christopher McDonald (HBO's Boardwalk Empire). It follows a man who is forced to lead a team of mercenaries to rescue a woman who has become the latest obsession of a crazed killer who “collects” people in what turns out to be a booby-trapped house of horrors.
Liddell Entertainment and Fortress Features produced the movie with LD Entertainment releasing The Collection on Nov. 30.
Dunstan and Melton will be present at the Screamfest opening, as will Stewart and Fitzpatrick.
Among other Screamfest highlights is the premiere of The Factory, a John Cusack thriller that has been completed since 2008 but never seen, along with premieres of scary movies from Canada, Italy and Norway.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- 13 New Photos From Game of Thrones Season 5
- An Open Letter to the Jerk at This Week’s Savages Show
- Casey Affleck and Matthias Schoenaerts to Explore the Beauty and Majesty of the American Wilderness for HBO’s Lewis and Clark
- Game of Thrones Season 5’s First Trailer Promises a Lot of Changes From the Book
- Elizabeth Olsen Supports Fight Against AIDS with Dita Von Teese & Conchita Wurst at Sidaction Gala Dinner 2015
- Zachary Quinto Supports Taylor Schilling & Peter Dinklage at 'A Month In the Country' Opening Night Party!
- Shirtless Eddie Redmayne Shows Off Impressive Six-Pack Abs in Sexy 'Jupiter Ascending' Still
- Amy Poehler Gets Epic Homecoming As Hasty Pudding's Woman of the Year 2015!