'Colombiana' Director Takes on 'Land of the Living'
Olivier Megaton will helm the thriller about a young advertising executive who is abducted on the streets of Los Angeles.
Olivier Megaton will direct Land of the Living, a thriller from Emjag Productions, Stone Village, Battleplan Productions, Film 360 and Dro Entertainment.
Stone Village’s finance arm Scott Pictures will fully finance the abduction thriller, which is eyeing a January 2013 start.
Living tells the story of a young advertising executive who is abducted on the streets of Los Angeles, manages to escape and tracks down her would-be killer.
Sean Gullette wrote the script, which is based on a best-selling British novel by Nicci French, the pseudonym of British husband-and-wife team Nicci Gerard and Sean French.
Emjag's Alexandra Milchan, Stone Village's Scott Steindorff, Battleplan Productions' Marc Frydman, Film 360's Scott Lambert and Dro Entertainment’s Peter Fruchtman (whew!) are producing.
Stone Village's Dylan Russell and Scott LaStaiti will executive produce.
The project seems right up Megaton’s alley. The director last directed Colombiana, a revenge shoot-em up with Zoe Saldana, and has abduction thriller Taken 2, starring Liam Neeson, in the can. He is repped by WME.
Gullette is repped by McCue, Sussmane & Zapfel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram