Comedian Rob Riggle Eyeing '21 Jump Street' Movie
The Funny or Die mainstay would co-star with Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum and Ice Cube in the big-screen treatment of the TV show.
Comedian Rob Riggle is in negotiations to play the villain in 21 Jump Street, Columbia's big-screen treatment of the TV show. Phil Lord and Chris Miller are directing.
Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum and Ice Cube topline the movie, which follows a group of young-looking cops who go undercover as high school students to stop crime at one local school.
If a deal is made, Riggle will play a member of D.A.D. -- Dads Against Drugs. -- who has a burn-marked face and is secretly the main drug supplier.
Neal Moritz is producing.
Riggle, repped by CAA, is a mainstay of Funny or Die videos and has appeared on TV's Gary Unmarried, Saturday Night Live and Upright Citizens Brigade.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty