Comic-Con 2011: Morgan Spurlock Sneaks His Doc Into Hall H
"Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan's Hope" may be ready for an October release.
I caught Morgan Spurlock walking the Convention Center lobby right after he presented the teaser trailer for his new documentary, Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan’s Hope. He snuck the film in on the front of the Animation Showcase in Hall H at 12:45 pm. Nobody saw it coming—well, slipping a doc about Comic-Con into Comic-Con isn’t a huge surprise. But it wasn’t on the schedule.
Spurlock had flown into L.A. and driven down to San Diego late Wednesday night, and he’s taking off again Saturday to catch his grandmother’s 90th birthday celebration. In the immediate future, though, he was looking to do some toy shopping for his four-and-a-half-year son, who was hanging out in the hotel room. This would certainly be the place for that.
The director says he’s got more work to do on the documentary, which he shot at Comic-Con 2010 with input from Harry Knowles and Joss Whedon, but that he hopes to have it in theaters by mid-fall, though likely not in time to screen at Telluride or Toronto. October looks likeliest.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR