Comic-Con 2011: Steven Soderbergh Presenting 'Haywire'
The director is making his first trip to the San Diego convention on July 23.
Steven Soderbergh is making his first trip to Comic-Con.
The indie auteur is joining mixed martial artist Gina Carano for a peek at Haywire, Soderbergh’s first foray into action movie territory, on July 23.
Relativity Media said Friday it will hold its Hall H presentation from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. where it will unveil first looks at Haywire and the period thriller The Raven. An hour-long panel for its big-budget Greek epic Immortals is also scheduled from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m on the same day.
Raven stars John Cusack, Luke Evans, and Alice Eve will be present at the panel, as will director James McTeigue. There will also be an autograph signing somewhere on the convention floor for the thriller, which puts Edgar Allen Poe on the hunt of a serial killer.
For Immortals, Relativity is showcasing the movie’s large cast: Henry Cavill, Luke Evans, Kellan Lutz, Stephen Dorff, Freida Pinto, and Mickey Rourke. Producers Mark Canton and Gianni Nunnari will also be present
And let’s not forget Shark Night 3D! The horror movie isn’t getting a Hall H presentation (sniff) but is still getting a push with a private reception on Wednesday, July 20 and a day of interviews on Thursday, July 21. Hardly seem fair, right?
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'