Comic-Con 2011: Taylor Lautner, Justin Timberlake and Nikki Reed Hit Thursday Events
A brief rundown on some of the parties THR's film team visited around downtown San Diego.
A brief rundown on some of the parties the film team has hit around downtown San Diego:
The WIRED Lounge has its perch again on the sixth floor deck of the Omni Hotel overlooking the Hilton Bayfront, which this year is draped in a giant Cowboys and Aliens banner. The aesthetic mix was pretty funky Thursday, as two performers promoting Cirque du Soleil’s KA show slithered around guests amid the variety of tech showcases and a recreation of Fangtasia from True Blood. Clad in tattooed flesh-colored bodysuits, they posed for photos and encouraged those in attendance to pet a proffered skull. Later that night the Cirque crew showcased a piece of the show involving 3D projections and live stunts at Petco Park after dark (the regular show is at the MGM Grand in Vegas).
Both Thursday and Friday, the lounge was a good place to get some decent free food and drink and get a little work done – if you could take your eyes off the people hoofing it along with a demo of Ubisoft’s Just Dance 3 inside. Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed, Andy Serkis, Alexa Vega, Ryan Kwanten and Justin Timberlake all popped in (Timberlake’s 901 Silver tequila was well represented in the drinks menu).
Lutz and Reed were also at the Hard Rock Hotel later that night for the Summit party, which had a relaxed vibe, an open bar, good weather and a refreshing lack of overcrowding. Unsurprisingly, the shindig was heavy on Twilight talent, with Taylor Lautner, director Bill Condon and producer Wyck Godfrey on-hand. Rachel Nichols of Conan the Barbarian and Star Trek was there, along with Peter Dinklage of Game of Thrones and writer-producer Roberto Orci (Cowboys & Aliens, Fringe). Also, there were lots of Butterfingers.
Next, we hiked over to the Latino Review party at Croce’s, which was packed. This likely had to do with the rapidly revealed secret that Cowboys & Aliens director Jon Favreau was spinning behind the DJ booth. All funk and focus, Favreau seemed to have the crowd behind him.
Friday evening starts with the ICM social, followed by Camp Playboy/Sony and Maxim/FX, plus UTA’s cocktail party with EA. More on those later.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Gabrielle Union Says 'The World Isn't Going To End' If We See More Diversity In Women On TV
- Shantel VanSanten Lounges Poolside In A Cutout Swimsuit For Maxim
- Jimmy Kimmel Proves People Can't Tell The Difference Between Cold-Pressed Juice And Tang
- David Oyelowo Comes To Benedict Cumberbatch's Defense Over 'Colored' Comment
- Channing Tatum Carries Mila Kunis Away in New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer (Exclusive)
- Brie Larson & Rosemarie DeWitt Are 'Digging For Fire' at Sundance!
- Tye Sheridan & Olivia Thirlby Premiere 'Stanford Prison Experiment' at Sundance 2015
- Patrick J. Adams Opens Up About Fiance Troian Bellisario's Guest-Starring Role on 'Suits' (JJ Interview)