Comic-Con 2011: Taylor Lautner, Justin Timberlake and Nikki Reed Hit Thursday Events
A brief rundown on some of the parties THR's film team visited around downtown San Diego.
A brief rundown on some of the parties the film team has hit around downtown San Diego:
The WIRED Lounge has its perch again on the sixth floor deck of the Omni Hotel overlooking the Hilton Bayfront, which this year is draped in a giant Cowboys and Aliens banner. The aesthetic mix was pretty funky Thursday, as two performers promoting Cirque du Soleil’s KA show slithered around guests amid the variety of tech showcases and a recreation of Fangtasia from True Blood. Clad in tattooed flesh-colored bodysuits, they posed for photos and encouraged those in attendance to pet a proffered skull. Later that night the Cirque crew showcased a piece of the show involving 3D projections and live stunts at Petco Park after dark (the regular show is at the MGM Grand in Vegas).
Both Thursday and Friday, the lounge was a good place to get some decent free food and drink and get a little work done – if you could take your eyes off the people hoofing it along with a demo of Ubisoft’s Just Dance 3 inside. Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed, Andy Serkis, Alexa Vega, Ryan Kwanten and Justin Timberlake all popped in (Timberlake’s 901 Silver tequila was well represented in the drinks menu).
Lutz and Reed were also at the Hard Rock Hotel later that night for the Summit party, which had a relaxed vibe, an open bar, good weather and a refreshing lack of overcrowding. Unsurprisingly, the shindig was heavy on Twilight talent, with Taylor Lautner, director Bill Condon and producer Wyck Godfrey on-hand. Rachel Nichols of Conan the Barbarian and Star Trek was there, along with Peter Dinklage of Game of Thrones and writer-producer Roberto Orci (Cowboys & Aliens, Fringe). Also, there were lots of Butterfingers.
Next, we hiked over to the Latino Review party at Croce’s, which was packed. This likely had to do with the rapidly revealed secret that Cowboys & Aliens director Jon Favreau was spinning behind the DJ booth. All funk and focus, Favreau seemed to have the crowd behind him.
Friday evening starts with the ICM social, followed by Camp Playboy/Sony and Maxim/FX, plus UTA’s cocktail party with EA. More on those later.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!