Comic-Con 2012: Darwyn Cooke Launches Latest 'Parker' Epic
“Richard Stark’s Parker: The Score,” the third entry in the gritty graphic novel series, debuts at Comic-Con on July 11.
Graphic Novel fans have much to cheer about this week as Darwyn Cooke delivers another gripping illustrated epic in time for Comic-Con.
In Richard Stark's Parker: The Score, the titular antihero dives back into the murky crime world to plan the ambitious heist of a whole town.
Publisher IDW is debuting Cooke's latest with a launch party at Comic-Con on Wednesday night, July 11.
Written under a pen name by pulp legend Donald Westlake, Parker was first introduced in 1959 and gained a wide following for over the course of sixteen novels written in the 60s and 70s.
Cooke (New Frontier, Before Watchmen) inked the first adaptationin 2009.
The Score, available in print and digitally through Comixology, is the third of five planned adaptations.
“Honestly, it’s hard for me to be objective here,” said Cooke in a press release. “But people tell me this one came together pretty well.”
Winner of six Eisner Awards, Cooke is nominated at this year's Comic Con for Parker: The Martini Edition, a special compilation of the previous Parker novels The Hunter and The Outfit.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!