Comic-Con: First-Look at Lego's Life-Size 'Ninja Turtles' (Exclusive)
The statue, which features the four turtles in a vertical line, took 400 hours to build.
The Lego area is a major draw for young and old alike at Comic-Con.
And why shouldn’t it be? It’s got plenty of activities for the wee set; it’s got exclusive giveaways in the form of figurines (usually Marvel and DC superheroes), and it reveals upcoming product.
It also showcases the art and potential of the building block with its life-size models of beloved movie characters built by the company's self-styled "Master Builders," and fans line up to pose next to the constructs.
This year, convention-goers will be able to see life-size versions of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, a Henry Cavill Superman, characters from the upcoming Warner Bros. Lego animated movie and …Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Paramount is in mid-production on a new, big-budget version of the 1980s indie comic-turned-toy sensation, and you can bet your nunchucks there will be a big toy push.
Lego is part of that action and Heat Vision has the exclusive first-look at the Ninja Turtle statue, or totem pole if you will, that will grace the convention floor. It took the master builders 400 hours to put together, and it stands about six-feet, five-inches.
By the way, the mini-figures being given away year include the TV version of Green Arrow and a black-costumed Superman, as well as a Spider-Woman and Spider-Man.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014