Comic-Con 2012: J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Producing Kre-O 'Star Trek' Short (Video)
His production company will be behind a 7-minute stop-motion short using the building block toys.
Kre-O, Hasbro’s division of toy blocks, has teamed up with Bad Robot, the company run by Star Trek director J.J. Abrams, to create a 7-minute stop-motion digital short featuring the characters and starships of the space franchise.
Hasbro announced it secured a license for a line of Star Trek toys from CBS Consumer Products at February’s Toy Fair, boldly going where no block has gone before and taking on dominant building block company Lego, which has a range of licenses ranging from Star Wars to DC Entertainment characters to Harry Potter. (Kreo also has lines for Transformers and Battleship.)
Though the Star Trek toys won’t be available until spring 2013, fans will be able to see the Krea-O Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise set and Kirk, Spock, Bones Kreon figures for the first time in person at the Hasbro Comic-Con booth (#3213) beginning on Preview Night (July 11).
The teaser trailer for the short, which can be seen here, recalls the teaser trailer for the 2009 movie.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR