Comic-Con 2012: J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Producing Kre-O 'Star Trek' Short (Video)
His production company will be behind a 7-minute stop-motion short using the building block toys.
Kre-O, Hasbro’s division of toy blocks, has teamed up with Bad Robot, the company run by Star Trek director J.J. Abrams, to create a 7-minute stop-motion digital short featuring the characters and starships of the space franchise.
Hasbro announced it secured a license for a line of Star Trek toys from CBS Consumer Products at February’s Toy Fair, boldly going where no block has gone before and taking on dominant building block company Lego, which has a range of licenses ranging from Star Wars to DC Entertainment characters to Harry Potter. (Kreo also has lines for Transformers and Battleship.)
Though the Star Trek toys won’t be available until spring 2013, fans will be able to see the Krea-O Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise set and Kirk, Spock, Bones Kreon figures for the first time in person at the Hasbro Comic-Con booth (#3213) beginning on Preview Night (July 11).
The teaser trailer for the short, which can be seen here, recalls the teaser trailer for the 2009 movie.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014