Comic-Con: Metallica to Play Secret San Diego Show
The rock group will also have a Hall H panel to promote their upcoming film "Metallica Through the Never."
Among the zealous cosplayers and Joss Whedon fans, rock legends will be found walking the grounds of the San Diego Convention Center at this year's Comic-Con.
Metallica will attend Comic-Con to promote its new feature film, Metallica Through the Never, which combines 3D footage of live performances with a narrative story featuring Dane DeHaan as a young roadie sent on an urgent mission during Metallica’s roaring live set in front of a sold-out arena.
On Friday, July 19 at 6:30 p.m., all four members of Metallica -- James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo -- will be present at a Hall H panel to discuss the upcoming film alongside DeHaan and writer-director Nimrod Antal.
Panel attendees will have the chance to win tickets and learn the location of an intimate live Metallica performance that will take place at a secret location somewhere in San Diego. The performance will take place later on that evening.
Metallica Through the Never has a North America Imax 3D release date of Sept. 27 and will expand into additional theaters Oct. 4.
Comic-Con runs July 17-21 in San Diego.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR