Comic-Con: Metallica to Play Secret San Diego Show
The rock group will also have a Hall H panel to promote their upcoming film "Metallica Through the Never."
Among the zealous cosplayers and Joss Whedon fans, rock legends will be found walking the grounds of the San Diego Convention Center at this year's Comic-Con.
Metallica will attend Comic-Con to promote its new feature film, Metallica Through the Never, which combines 3D footage of live performances with a narrative story featuring Dane DeHaan as a young roadie sent on an urgent mission during Metallica’s roaring live set in front of a sold-out arena.
On Friday, July 19 at 6:30 p.m., all four members of Metallica -- James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo -- will be present at a Hall H panel to discuss the upcoming film alongside DeHaan and writer-director Nimrod Antal.
Panel attendees will have the chance to win tickets and learn the location of an intimate live Metallica performance that will take place at a secret location somewhere in San Diego. The performance will take place later on that evening.
Metallica Through the Never has a North America Imax 3D release date of Sept. 27 and will expand into additional theaters Oct. 4.
Comic-Con runs July 17-21 in San Diego.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!