Comic-Con: New Superman Henry Cavill to Make Surprise Appearance at WB Panel
The British actor will be in Hall H Saturday with director Zack Snyder to promote "Man of Steel."
Superman is coming to Comic-Con.
Henry Cavill, the actor who is portraying the DC superhero in Warner Bros’ Man of Steel, will make an appearance at the studio’s Hall H panel Saturday, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.
Whether Cavill would show up had been rumored but not confirmed. When the Comic-Con schedule was first officially revealed in late June, the only thing written about the Man of Steel panel were the words "Man of Steel."
On Wednesday, Warners sent out a press release elaborating details of the participants of its panels for The Hobbit (Ian McKellan, who plays Gandalf, is one of those attending) and Pacific Rim, Guillermo del Toro’s sci-fi monster epic for Legendary.
But for Man of Steel, the studio said only that director Zack Snyder would be on hand and that footage would be shown; no one else was mentioned.
Other actors from the movie, such as Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe, are not expected to attend.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Allow One Direction To Romance You In Their 'Night Changes' Music Video
- 2014 Latin Grammys Shared The Spotlight With Obama But Still Shone Brightly
- Chatting with Chris Botti and Madeleine Peyroux, Plus Twin Hidden Covers "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Taylor Swift And Selena Gomez Have A Super Fun Girls Night With Ellie Goulding
- Connie Britton & Taylor Kitsch Have a 'Friday Night Lights' Reunion
- The Vamps Rock Out with Special Performance at Just Jared's Homecoming Dance Presented by Ever After High!
- One Direction Take The Cutest Selfie Ever On 'Kimmel' & Premiere 'Night Changes' Music Video
- Prince Harry Calls Out Charities 'Built Around Egos'