Comic-Con 2011: Nicolas Cage on Why 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' Is Scarier Than Original
Columbia Pictures kicked off its multi-hour Comic-Con panel with a first-look at the sequel to the fiery, motorcycle-driving demon anti-hero pic.
Columbia Pictures kicked off its multi-hour Comic-Con panel with a first-look at Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, a sequel to the fiery, motorcycle-driving demon anti-hero pic. Not surprisingly, the movie promises much flame-filled action.
In fact, the directors, Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, were shown in a production video on bungee cords, rollerblades and motorcycles operating cameras as they shot in-your-face action.
Neveldine said the duo make a promise to their stuntmen -- "if you get hurt doing a shot, that shot is going to be in the movie.”Added Taylor: "You will see real bones breaking in Ghost Rider.
Star Nicolas Cage, meanwhile, made the case for a movie that, while a hit, wasn’t exactly embraced by fans.
"In a day and age where we are making comic book movies all the time, you need to have a couple of bad boys in there,” he said. “And Ghost Rider provides that.”
"I wanted to go in scarier direction. The first one was like a Grimms’ fairy tale. This one I wanted to embrace the nightmare aspect of the character. I wanted a shot at that and I’m glad I got to do it with these guys.”
Action comedy 30 Minutes or Less followed Ghost Rider with an extended scene that pleased the crowd. Among the panelists, comedian Aziz Ansari stole the show while director Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland) recounted how Jesse Eisenberg, who wasn’t present, went on ridealongs with real pizza delivery guys in order to ground his character.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services