Comic-Con 2012: Peter Jackson Unveils 'Hobbit' Poster on Facebook
The Oscar-winning director took to invited fans to get copies featuring Gandalf at the San Diego convention.
A true wizard is as comfortable in San Diego as he is climbing the mountains of Middle-earth, and Peter Jackson has the poster to prove it.
After wrapping a 266-day principal photography shoot for his two-part Hobbit epic, Jackson has released a poster promoting the Lord of the Rings prequel’s appearance at Comic-Con. The poster features Gandalf (Sir Ian McKellan) walking along a path in Hobbiton and looking like a wizard on a mission.
Hi everyone. Here's an exclusive Comic-Con poster,” Jackson wrote on his Facebook page Saturday. “Be sure to get your copy in San Diego and let me know what you think of it! Cheers, Peter J.”
Fans can get a taste of the first Hobbit film July 14 in Hall H, during the Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures Preview.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is due in theaters Dec. 14, and The Hobbit: There and Back Again is expected a year later. The film stars Martin Freeman (The Office, Sherlock) as Bilbo Baggins, and features many castmembers from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, the upcoming Star Trek sequel) is providing motion capture and voicework as the Necromancer and Smaug.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR