Comic-Con: Preview Archaia's 'Reasons for Dragons' Graphic Novel (Exclusive)
The story is described as having shades of "The Fisher King" and "Super 8."
Reasons for Dragons, the latest graphic novel from Archaia, has been generating buzz since it was announced last year.
The book’s artist, Jeff Stokely, has been on the rise due to his comic Six Gun Gorilla, published by Archaia’s new owners, Boom! Studios.
But the book is also engendering talk inside Hollywood circles; I hear producers and studio execs have it their radars, even though the rights haven't sold -- Yet.
What’s all the hubbub about?
Dragons has been described as having a The Fisher King-meets-Super 8 quality as it tells the story, set in the 1980s, of a 15-year old boy, an outcast unable to connect with his stepfather. When he comes across an abandoned Renaissance Fair, he meets an old man dressed as a knight, who says a dragon was behind the fair’s fiery destruction. He asks the teen to help him track the creature down.
The book is written by Chris Northrop, a colorist who has worked for Marvel, DC and Oni.
Heat Vision is happy to offer a six-page preview of the graphic novel, which goes on sale in comic book shops July 24 and bookstores August 6.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Allow One Direction To Romance You In Their 'Night Changes' Music Video
- 2014 Latin Grammys Shared The Spotlight With Obama But Still Shone Brightly
- Chatting with Chris Botti and Madeleine Peyroux, Plus Twin Hidden Covers "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Taylor Swift And Selena Gomez Have A Super Fun Girls Night With Ellie Goulding
- Connie Britton & Taylor Kitsch Have a 'Friday Night Lights' Reunion
- The Vamps Rock Out with Special Performance at Just Jared's Homecoming Dance Presented by Ever After High!
- One Direction Take The Cutest Selfie Ever On 'Kimmel' & Premiere 'Night Changes' Music Video
- Prince Harry Calls Out Charities 'Built Around Egos'