Comic-Con: Preview Archaia's 'Reasons for Dragons' Graphic Novel (Exclusive)
The story is described as having shades of "The Fisher King" and "Super 8."
Reasons for Dragons, the latest graphic novel from Archaia, has been generating buzz since it was announced last year.
The book’s artist, Jeff Stokely, has been on the rise due to his comic Six Gun Gorilla, published by Archaia’s new owners, Boom! Studios.
But the book is also engendering talk inside Hollywood circles; I hear producers and studio execs have it their radars, even though the rights haven't sold -- Yet.
What’s all the hubbub about?
Dragons has been described as having a The Fisher King-meets-Super 8 quality as it tells the story, set in the 1980s, of a 15-year old boy, an outcast unable to connect with his stepfather. When he comes across an abandoned Renaissance Fair, he meets an old man dressed as a knight, who says a dragon was behind the fair’s fiery destruction. He asks the teen to help him track the creature down.
The book is written by Chris Northrop, a colorist who has worked for Marvel, DC and Oni.
Heat Vision is happy to offer a six-page preview of the graphic novel, which goes on sale in comic book shops July 24 and bookstores August 6.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues