Comic-Con: Preview Archaia's 'Reasons for Dragons' Graphic Novel (Exclusive)
The story is described as having shades of "The Fisher King" and "Super 8."
Reasons for Dragons, the latest graphic novel from Archaia, has been generating buzz since it was announced last year.
The book’s artist, Jeff Stokely, has been on the rise due to his comic Six Gun Gorilla, published by Archaia’s new owners, Boom! Studios.
But the book is also engendering talk inside Hollywood circles; I hear producers and studio execs have it their radars, even though the rights haven't sold -- Yet.
What’s all the hubbub about?
Dragons has been described as having a The Fisher King-meets-Super 8 quality as it tells the story, set in the 1980s, of a 15-year old boy, an outcast unable to connect with his stepfather. When he comes across an abandoned Renaissance Fair, he meets an old man dressed as a knight, who says a dragon was behind the fair’s fiery destruction. He asks the teen to help him track the creature down.
The book is written by Chris Northrop, a colorist who has worked for Marvel, DC and Oni.
Heat Vision is happy to offer a six-page preview of the graphic novel, which goes on sale in comic book shops July 24 and bookstores August 6.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least