Comic-Con 2012: Rare 'Star Wars,' 'Star Trek' and Willie Wonka Memorabilia Headline Auction
Profiles in History is previewing items ranging from a Superman costume to Chewbacca's head to Willie Wonka's outfit at Comic-Con in advance of its July 28 sale.
Auction house Profiles in History is selling such prized collectibles as the original art for the famous Star Wars poster, a Christopher Reeve-worn Superman costume and a set of Wolverine's claws on July 28.
Other items for sale include Ferris Bueller's leather jacket, Star Wars and Star Trek props, costumes from movies ranging from Saving Private Ryan to Austin Powers and a bevy of vintage toys.
The priciest items, all estimated to fetch $60,000-$80,000, include the Superman costume, a Chewbacca head from the original Star Wars and Gene Wilder's Willie Wonka costume.
The original drawing for the Star Wars poster carries an estimate of $20,000-$30,000.
Many of the items come from the collection of Chad Dreier, the former CEO of Ryland Homes, who accumulated one of the great private collections of entertainment and sports memorabilia, which he housed in a museum in Santa Barbara for the last decade. Dreier's collecting focus has shifted and he's decided to sell his collection.
The auction will be held on Saturday, July 28 at 11 a.m. at the Profiles in History offices in Calabassas, California. Viewers can also bid by phone, fax and internet.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chris Hemsworth Supports His Fellow Superheroes at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere!
- Reportedly Pregnant Zoe Saldana Wears Billowy Dress to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere
- Rachel McAdams Exits NYC Before 'A Most Wanted Man' Hits Theatres Everywhere!
- Thandie Newton's Clown Purse is Our Favorite New Accessory!