Comic-Con: 'Street Fighter' Sequel Announced
Joey Ansah, the director and writer of "Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist," will helm the video game adaptation sequel.
At Comic-Con Friday, the team behind Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist announced plans to move forward with the video game adaptation sequel, Street Fighter: World Warrior.
Joey Ansah, the director and writer of Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, will helm the sequel, and appeared at the Capcom Street Fighter Panel at San Diego’s Comic-Con with castmembers Mike Moh (Ryu) and Gaku Space (Goki).
Jacqueline Quella and Mark Wooding are producing, as they did Assassin's Fist, and eyeing a launch date in late 2015/early 2016.
Assassin's Fist debuted earlier in 2014 on Machinima as a 12-part series. It has garnered more than 16 million views.
The new series will introduce more of the game’s iconic characters and will pick up where Assassin's Fist left off, with Ryu and Ken on their "Musha Shugyo" (warrior’s pilgrimage).
Said Quella: “We are incredibly happy to continue our relationship with Capcom, to bring more of the iconic characters from the Street Fighter video game to the screen. We demonstrated with Assassin's Fist that an authentic, live-action version of a video game, with a compelling and dramatic storyline, can be made. We’ll be taking the same approach with the new series.”
Assassin's Fist is being released internationally in autumn 2014 on DVD and Blu-ray formats, as well as on TV, video-on-demand and download-to-own.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Kim Kardashian's Alleged Nude Photos Leak Online As The Celebrity Hacking Ring Continues
- Hilary Duff Says 'Why Not?' To 'Lizzie McGuire' Reunion, Because This Is What Dreams Are Made Of
- Facebook-Owned Oculus Unveils New Virtual Reality Headset
- Jimmy Fallon's 40th Birthday Surprise Features A Cake Filled With Shirtless Male Celebs