Comic-Con: Tom Cruise-Emily Blunt's 'All You Need Is Kill' Gets New Title, Will Debut Footage
A first look at from Warner Bros./Village Roadshow feature, slated for June 2014 release, will premiere in San Diego.
Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt's upcoming sci-fi thriller will debut brand-new footage at Comic-Con during the Warner Bros. panel on Saturday, July 20, at 10:45 a.m., the studio announced Monday.
The film, previously titled All You Need Is Kill, has also undergone a title change and will now be called Edge of Tomorrow. The Warner Bros./Village Roadshow feature has been slated for a June 6, 2014, release in 2D, 3D and Imax.
Directed by Doug Liman and based on the Hiroshi Sakurazaka book All You Need Is Kill, Edge of Tomorrow takes place in the near future in which an alien race unbeatable by any military unit in the world has hit Earth with an unrelenting assault.
Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Cruise), who has never been in combat, is dropped into what becomes a suicide mission. After being killed within minutes, Cage finds himself thrown into a time loop that forces him to go through the combat and death repeatedly. Each time Cage engages the enemy with more skill, along with Special Forces' Rita Vrataski (Blunt), and they get closer to defeating the enemy.
Rounding out the cast are Bill Paxton, Kick Gurry, Dragomir Mrsic, Charlotte Riley, Jonas Armstrong and Franz Drameh. The screenplay was written by Dante W. Harper, Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth, and Christopher McQuarrie.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR