Comic-Con: Tom Cruise Promotes 'Edge of Tomorrow'
The actor shows off footage from his Warner Bros. sci-fi film and praises the script.
Tom Cruise made his first ever Comic-Con appearance for Edge of Tomorrow, his sci-fi action movie for Warner Bros. previously titled All You Need Is Kill.
Cruise had the crowd roaring from his first step and then kicked up the showmanship a notch when he belted out a few lines from I Want to Know What Love Is with moderator Chris Hardwick. Cruise played Stacee Jaxx in Rock of Ages and he mentioned that Hardwick played the part when the play was just a small stage production in L.A.
Cruise praised Christopher McQuarrie’s Edge of Tomorrow script for its humor and its uniqueness. “The alien invasion film has become a trope,” said Cruise. "People understand the language of genre but now we can get into this kind of character journey.”
Cruise was gracious and humble during the appearance. “I just want to entertain you all,” he said. “It’s a dream of mine and an honor. Every day I think what I’d like to see or what you’d like to see.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR