Comic-Con 2012: 'Twilight' Star Jackson Rathbone Describes the Fan Experience that Shocked His Dad (Video)
Rathbone, Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz spoke to THR before their final panel at the San Diego fan event.
The fans of the Twilight series are infamous for their zealous passion for the films and the actors who star in them. So, obviously the actors have accumulated a few good fan stories over the years.
Jackson Rathbone, who plays Jasper Hale in the series, has a particularly strong memory of a fan interaction that was witnessed by his father.
Rathbone, Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz visited The Hollywood Reporter’s exclusive video lounge before their Comic-Con panel on Thursday. While chatting about the final film, Rathbone mentioned one of his most memorable fan moments.
“One of the first signings, we were at Borders or something, and my parents came out, and they are very conservative,” he told THR. “And this girl comes up with a ‘I’d let Jackson Rath-bone-me’ shirt.”
“So that was an interesting one for my poor conservative father who teaches the Bible in Texas,” he said.
Lutz, who plays the buff vampire Emmett Cullen, says he’s particularly fond of the group “Sluts for Lutz.”
“[It] really got me cracking up when I first heard it, and now it’s just grown and grown,” he said.
Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 opens in theaters on November 16.
Watch THR’s complete interview above. Find all of THR’s Comic-Con interviews here.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR