Comic-Con: Winners and Losers From Another Year in San Diego
Superman and Batman, "Gravity," Cobie Smulders and "How I Met Your Mother" wooed and won the day, but other franchises (whither Wonder Woman?) and networks (hello, CW?) missed the mark as THR looks at who won -- and lost -- in 2013.
Comic-Con 2013 is on the record books. We came, we saw, we ate and drank and laughed and cried, and through it all we tweeted. But! No event would be complete without a totally arbitrary, seat-of-our-pants, totally declaratory Winners and Losers post. Which we are happy to provide to all -- divided, neatly, into buckets for Film and TV. To wit:
Last appearances in San Diego brought major emotional payoffs for the teams behind several series. How I Met Your Mother treated fans who slept in line outside for its first-ever panel to a hilarious spoof video, the Dexter cast brought Hall H to tears with memories and stolen mementos from set, Nikita thanked attendees for the series' miraculous endurance, and Breaking Bad returned for another love-fest between Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!