Comic-Con: Winners and Losers From Another Year in San Diego
Superman and Batman, "Gravity," Cobie Smulders and "How I Met Your Mother" wooed and won the day, but other franchises (whither Wonder Woman?) and networks (hello, CW?) missed the mark as THR looks at who won -- and lost -- in 2013.
Comic-Con 2013 is on the record books. We came, we saw, we ate and drank and laughed and cried, and through it all we tweeted. But! No event would be complete without a totally arbitrary, seat-of-our-pants, totally declaratory Winners and Losers post. Which we are happy to provide to all -- divided, neatly, into buckets for Film and TV. To wit:
Last appearances in San Diego brought major emotional payoffs for the teams behind several series. How I Met Your Mother treated fans who slept in line outside for its first-ever panel to a hilarious spoof video, the Dexter cast brought Hall H to tears with memories and stolen mementos from set, Nikita thanked attendees for the series' miraculous endurance, and Breaking Bad returned for another love-fest between Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR