Comic Scribe Adapting 'Nye Incidents' for RKO (Exclusive)
Stuart Paul takes on Whitley Strieber's world of alien abductees for the project, to be directed by Todd Lincoln.
Screenwriter and comic book writer Stuart Paul has been tapped to adapt The Nye Incidents, the comic book co-created by Communion author Whitley Strieber.
The project is set up at RKO, with Todd Lincoln attached to direct. Lincoln is also producing with Daniel Alter.
Set in the world of alien abductees, the Devil Due’s comic centers on a seen-it-all and logical medical examiner whose faith in the rational is shattered when she runs afoul a brutal murder of a supposed alien abductee. The case puts her on the path chasing a serial killer working in the alien abductee community who may or may not be human.
Paul is a relative newcomer in both the comic and screen scene. Last year he wrote a six-issue mini-series for Wildstorm/DC titled Ides of Blood, a Roman Empire-set vampire story. This past summer, his spec Terminal Point was picked up by Strike Entertainment, the company behind the upcoming horror movie The Thing, and is currently being packaged.
Paul is repped by Verve and Caliber Media Co.
Lincoln and Alter previoulsy teamed up on The Apparition, a supernatural horror movie starring Ashley Green and Sebastian Stan; the movie is due out next year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR