Conan the Barbarian Fights Bloody Battle in Movie's First Scene (Video)
Jason Momoa plays the title role in the reboot of the 1980s film franchise starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Conan the Barbarian is back -- and more barbaric than ever.
Lionsgate has released a very bloody first scene from its upcoming movie that shows a young Conan (Leo Howard) taking part in village challenge organized by his father, Corin (Ron Perlman). The task ends in a bloody battle in which Conan single-handedly taking on three warriors.
Conan the Barbarian is a reboot of the 1980s film franchise starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and based on the character created by Robert E. Howard.
The new movie finds Conan, played by Jason Momoa, going into a world where he survives as a thief, pirate and warrior after his father is murdered and the village is destroyed. He then meets the warlord responsible for the destruction of his tribe.
Rose McGowan, Stephen Lang, Bob Sapp and Rachel Nichols co-star in the feature, which was directed by Marcus Nispel.
The movie opens Aug. 19 and will be available in 3D.
Watch the red-band clip below. Warning: It's graphic.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR