'Cosmopolis' Clip: Robert Pattinson Faces Social and Marital Unrest (Video)
The Cannes-bound film teases uproar and smarminess in a brief new excerpt.
It's good to be Eric Packer, even when it might seem otherwise.
The Robert Pattinson-portrayed wunderkind is a 28-year old billionaire, an asset manager with an appetite for mayhem, both on the personal and worldwide scale. In this new clip from Cosmopolis, the David Cronenberg-directed thriller, Packer trades obscure yet pointed dialogue with his wife (Sarah Gadon), seemingly talking past each other with just enough verbal ricochet to deliver the sting of malicious intent.
While they spar at a diner counter, protestors break in and herald the coming economic collapse with lifeless rats -- perhaps a foreboding sign for the rest of Packer's day.
Cosmopolis, based on a novel by Don DeLillo, will debut at the Cannes Film Festival later this month.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!