'Cosmopolis' Clip: Robert Pattinson Faces Social and Marital Unrest (Video)
The Cannes-bound film teases uproar and smarminess in a brief new excerpt.
It's good to be Eric Packer, even when it might seem otherwise.
The Robert Pattinson-portrayed wunderkind is a 28-year old billionaire, an asset manager with an appetite for mayhem, both on the personal and worldwide scale. In this new clip from Cosmopolis, the David Cronenberg-directed thriller, Packer trades obscure yet pointed dialogue with his wife (Sarah Gadon), seemingly talking past each other with just enough verbal ricochet to deliver the sting of malicious intent.
While they spar at a diner counter, protestors break in and herald the coming economic collapse with lifeless rats -- perhaps a foreboding sign for the rest of Packer's day.
Cosmopolis, based on a novel by Don DeLillo, will debut at the Cannes Film Festival later this month.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR