'Cosmopolis' Clip: Robert Pattinson Faces Social and Marital Unrest (Video)
The Cannes-bound film teases uproar and smarminess in a brief new excerpt.
It's good to be Eric Packer, even when it might seem otherwise.
The Robert Pattinson-portrayed wunderkind is a 28-year old billionaire, an asset manager with an appetite for mayhem, both on the personal and worldwide scale. In this new clip from Cosmopolis, the David Cronenberg-directed thriller, Packer trades obscure yet pointed dialogue with his wife (Sarah Gadon), seemingly talking past each other with just enough verbal ricochet to deliver the sting of malicious intent.
While they spar at a diner counter, protestors break in and herald the coming economic collapse with lifeless rats -- perhaps a foreboding sign for the rest of Packer's day.
Cosmopolis, based on a novel by Don DeLillo, will debut at the Cannes Film Festival later this month.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!