'Cowboys & Aliens' to Premiere at Comic-Con
With Comic-Con nearing (it's a little over a month away), one of the summer's big films will be making its world premiere in San Diego.
After finishing a panel at the Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex Film Festival this weekend, director Jon Favreau said that his upcoming sci-fi Western, starring Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford and Olivia Wilde, would be debuting at Comic-Con.
"The woldwide premiere of Cowboys & Aliens will be at Comic-Con," Favreau told the Los Angeles Times. "And not only are we going to premiere it there, we're going to find a way to include as many of the fans as possible. I feel like they've come out for me, they've supported me."
If the film plays in San Diego during Comic-Con, fans will be able to see the film days before it is released. (Its official release date is Friday, July 29.) Last year, Michael Cera and Edgar Wright's Scott Pilgrim vs. the World received a huge push at Comic-Con.
Favreau said that details are still being worked out for the premiere, but hopes to have something significant to reveal soon.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills