'Dallas Buyers Club' Writer to Polish 'The Last Witch Hunter'
The Summit film will star Vin Diesel and be directed by Breck Eisner.
Dallas Buyers Club writer Melisa Wallack has been tapped to do a polish on Summit Entertainment’s The Last Witch Hunter.
Cory Goodman and D.W. Harper wrote previous drafts of the film that will star Vin Diesel. Breck Eisner is directing.
The story centers on an immortal witch hunter (Diesel) who partners with his natural enemy, a female witch, to stop the covens of New York City from unleashing a plague on humanity.
Lakeshore Entertainment has joined Last Witch Hunter as a partner and will co-finance and co-produce the film.
Mark Canton is producing via his Mark Canton Productions banner alongside Bernie Goldmann and Diesel via his One Race Entertainment. Lakeshore’s Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi and Eric Reid are executive producing. One Race's Samantha Vincent also is executive producing along with Adam Goldworm.
Erik Feig, Geoff Shaevitz and Matthew Janzen will oversee the project for Summit.
Wallack received an Oscar nomination for Dallas Buyers Club. Her credits also include Meet Bill.
She is represented by Resolution.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!