'Harry Potter' Star Daniel Radcliffe's Horror Vehicle 'The Woman in Black' Due on Blu-ray May 22
After becoming the most successful British horror film in 20 years, Daniel Radcliffe’s understated thriller arrives on home video next month.
As distributor CBS gears up to shoot a sequel to Woman in Black following its impressive worldwide box office haul, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment announced Tuesday that the film is set to be released on DVD and Blu-ray May 22.
Starring Daniel Radcliffe in his first major role since playing Harry Potter, the film follows a young lawyer who travels to a remote village only to discover that it’s being terrorized by a vengeful ghost. The Blu-ray and DVD both include a commentary track by writer Jane Goldman and director James Watkins, as well as a pair of featurettes, “Inside The Perfect Thriller: Making Woman in Black,” and “No Fear: Daniel Radcliffe as Arthur Kipps.”
Although it didn’t approach the record earnings brought in by the Harry Potter films, The Woman in Black performed handily at the box office during its theatrical run, eclipsing the grosses of more than 20 years of horror releases in Britain and earning more than $120 million worldwide.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother