'Harry Potter' Star Daniel Radcliffe's Horror Vehicle 'The Woman in Black' Due on Blu-ray May 22
After becoming the most successful British horror film in 20 years, Daniel Radcliffe’s understated thriller arrives on home video next month.
As distributor CBS gears up to shoot a sequel to Woman in Black following its impressive worldwide box office haul, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment announced Tuesday that the film is set to be released on DVD and Blu-ray May 22.
Starring Daniel Radcliffe in his first major role since playing Harry Potter, the film follows a young lawyer who travels to a remote village only to discover that it’s being terrorized by a vengeful ghost. The Blu-ray and DVD both include a commentary track by writer Jane Goldman and director James Watkins, as well as a pair of featurettes, “Inside The Perfect Thriller: Making Woman in Black,” and “No Fear: Daniel Radcliffe as Arthur Kipps.”
Although it didn’t approach the record earnings brought in by the Harry Potter films, The Woman in Black performed handily at the box office during its theatrical run, eclipsing the grosses of more than 20 years of horror releases in Britain and earning more than $120 million worldwide.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro