Danny Trejo, M.C. Gainey Teaming Up for 'Haunted High'
Charisma Carpenter, Marc Donato and Jonathan Baron are among the cast members.
Danny Trejo and M.C. Gainey are teaming up for Haunted High, a Syfy original movie being directed by Jeffrey Lando.
Also headlining the cast are Buffy the Vampire alum Charisma Carpenter, Marc Donato of Degrassi: Next Generation fame and relative newcomer Jonathan Baron.
The story, by Paul A. Birkett and Anthony C. Ferrante, is set at the fictional Holloman Acadey, a New England private school that is visted by a demonic dead headmaster (Gainey).
Baron is the headmaster's grandson and must fight to save the school while Donato is the school’s bad boy.
Carpenter plays the sexy librarian while Trejo is a janitor who is secretly the kick-butt guardian of the school.
Griff Furst is producing the movie, which is currently shooting in New Orleans, while Kenneth Badish and Daniel Lewis exec producing.
The Syfy movie, which is from the makers of the Syfy movie House of Bones, may get a limited theatrical release.
Trejo, the Machete star who never stops working, will next be seen in the new Muppets movie as well as A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas.
Gainey did a stint on TV’s Justified and recurred on ABC’s Lost.
Donato, since leaving Degrassi, has been making a name for himself in the indie horror field, and has Sick Boy and Bad Kids Go to Hell in post-production.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR