Dark Horse and CD Projekt RED Tease Collaboration Announcement (Video)
The studio behind "The Witcher" game series promises "something truly special" from the two companies, to be announced next week.
A new video from Polish games publisher CD Projekt RED -- known for its The Witcher franchise -- is teasing some kind of announcement in collaboration with Oregon-based comic book house Dark Horse Comics at next week's New York Comic Con.
The short video, clocking in at under 30 seconds, reveals the logos of each company, before promising more information at the "Full Color Fantasy: Fantasy Comics Past, Present and Future!" panel on Friday at next week's convention. A post on Projekt RED's official blog revealed slightly more, promising "something truly special for fans of the fantasy genre," adding "There's a mystery near the edge of the Black Forest. We'd like to invite you to fear it with us."
To date, The Witcher franchise has spanned three video games, multiple prose books, and a television series. Dark Horse has a history of translating video games into comic books, with Mass Effect and Halo being two of its more high-profile projects in that arena. Should we expecting the announcement of a Witcher comic book a week from tomorrow?
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014