'Looper': Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks Physical Transformation in Teaser Clip (Video)
The actor reveals how much time was spent in the makeup chair each morning as he prepped to become a young Bruce Willis.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in Sony’s sci-fi thriller Looper, but his face is almost unrecognizable.
Thanks to three hours in the makeup chair each morning, the actor transformed into a younger version of Bruce Willis for the role – in which the duo plays the same character at different ages. Through time travel, Gordon-Levitt and Willis are forced to hunt each other down in the Rian Johnson-directed film.
“It was kind of an incredible transformation to see,” Johnson said. Added Gordon-Levitt, “It kind of freaked Bruce out.”
“We knew we were never gonna make Joe look like a real young Bruce Willis,” said Johnson. “So what we did was pick a few key features and alter those.”
In case all the hype surrounding the project has yet to pique your interest, Gordon-Levitt goes so far to proclaim: “It’s my favorite thing I’ve ever done.”
Watch two teaser clips below, which feature a sneak peek at what we can expect from the trailer – due out on Thursday via iTunes.
Looper opens nationwide on Sept. 28.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)