'Looper': Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks Physical Transformation in Teaser Clip (Video)
The actor reveals how much time was spent in the makeup chair each morning as he prepped to become a young Bruce Willis.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in Sony’s sci-fi thriller Looper, but his face is almost unrecognizable.
Thanks to three hours in the makeup chair each morning, the actor transformed into a younger version of Bruce Willis for the role – in which the duo plays the same character at different ages. Through time travel, Gordon-Levitt and Willis are forced to hunt each other down in the Rian Johnson-directed film.
“It was kind of an incredible transformation to see,” Johnson said. Added Gordon-Levitt, “It kind of freaked Bruce out.”
“We knew we were never gonna make Joe look like a real young Bruce Willis,” said Johnson. “So what we did was pick a few key features and alter those.”
In case all the hype surrounding the project has yet to pique your interest, Gordon-Levitt goes so far to proclaim: “It’s my favorite thing I’ve ever done.”
Watch two teaser clips below, which feature a sneak peek at what we can expect from the trailer – due out on Thursday via iTunes.
Looper opens nationwide on Sept. 28.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR