'Looper': Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks Physical Transformation in Teaser Clip (Video)
The actor reveals how much time was spent in the makeup chair each morning as he prepped to become a young Bruce Willis.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in Sony’s sci-fi thriller Looper, but his face is almost unrecognizable.
Thanks to three hours in the makeup chair each morning, the actor transformed into a younger version of Bruce Willis for the role – in which the duo plays the same character at different ages. Through time travel, Gordon-Levitt and Willis are forced to hunt each other down in the Rian Johnson-directed film.
“It was kind of an incredible transformation to see,” Johnson said. Added Gordon-Levitt, “It kind of freaked Bruce out.”
“We knew we were never gonna make Joe look like a real young Bruce Willis,” said Johnson. “So what we did was pick a few key features and alter those.”
In case all the hype surrounding the project has yet to pique your interest, Gordon-Levitt goes so far to proclaim: “It’s my favorite thing I’ve ever done.”
Watch two teaser clips below, which feature a sneak peek at what we can expect from the trailer – due out on Thursday via iTunes.
Looper opens nationwide on Sept. 28.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Hilary Duff Joins Mariska Hargitay's Hubby on 'Younger' Set!
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!