'Looper': Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks Physical Transformation in Teaser Clip (Video)
The actor reveals how much time was spent in the makeup chair each morning as he prepped to become a young Bruce Willis.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in Sony’s sci-fi thriller Looper, but his face is almost unrecognizable.
Thanks to three hours in the makeup chair each morning, the actor transformed into a younger version of Bruce Willis for the role – in which the duo plays the same character at different ages. Through time travel, Gordon-Levitt and Willis are forced to hunt each other down in the Rian Johnson-directed film.
“It was kind of an incredible transformation to see,” Johnson said. Added Gordon-Levitt, “It kind of freaked Bruce out.”
“We knew we were never gonna make Joe look like a real young Bruce Willis,” said Johnson. “So what we did was pick a few key features and alter those.”
In case all the hype surrounding the project has yet to pique your interest, Gordon-Levitt goes so far to proclaim: “It’s my favorite thing I’ve ever done.”
Watch two teaser clips below, which feature a sneak peek at what we can expect from the trailer – due out on Thursday via iTunes.
Looper opens nationwide on Sept. 28.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least