'Dark Knight Returns' No. 2 Cover Fetches $478,000 at Auction
The original pen and ink drawing from Frank Miller was snagged by an anonymous buyer.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Heritage Auctions says the original pen and ink cover of The Dark Knight Returns No. 2 drawn by artist and writer Frank Miller has sold for $478,000 at auction.
A near-mint copy of "Batman" No. 1 has also sold for $567,625 at the auction. The auction house said Friday that the buyers did not want their names disclosed.
Miller's cover is the first to be sold from DC Comics' 1986 four-issue "Dark Knight" miniseries.
The copy of "Batman" No. 1 from 1940 shows Batman and Robin swinging in front of a Gotham City skyline. It was auctioned on behalf of Tadano America Corp.
The record price for a comic book remains with "Action Comics" No. 1, selling for $2.16 million in 2011. It featured Superman's first appearance.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)