'Dark Knight Returns' Trailer Shows an Older Batman Ready to Rumble (Video)
Based on Frank Miller’s iconic graphic novel, the animated film features Peter Weller as the caped crusader.
Christopher Nolan’s take on Gotham City may be complete, but Batman shows no signs of slowing down.
The first trailer to Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 kicks off 10 years after the last sighting of the caped crusader, and shows a silver-haired Bruce Wayne well into middle age. But he's still got plenty of fight left in him.
The two-part animated film from Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment is being adapted from Frank Miller’s iconic 1986 graphic novel, The Dark Knight Returns, which partially inspired the events in Nolan’s third Batman film. The graphic novel tells the story of Bruce Wayne coming out of retirement to combat Two-Face and a Gotham gang known as the Mutants.
Directed by Jay Oliva, the film features a voice cast including Peter Weller (Bruce Wayne/Batman), Ariel Winter (Robin) and Wade Williams (Harvey Dent/Two-Face). The first part hits stores Sept. 25, with the conclusion coming in 2013.
Watch the video below:
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- The Abu Dhabi Diaries: Can a Film Festival Help Us Overcome Misconceptions, Conflicts and Stereotypes?
- Famed Elvis Photographer Alfred Wertheimer Dead At 85
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Hilary Duff Joins Mariska Hargitay's Hubby on 'Younger' Set!
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!