'Dark Knight Rises' IMAX Screenings Offer Exclusive Poster
Ticketholders attending the midnight screenings of the film on opening night will receive a limited-edition print featuring Bane.
Christopher Nolan’s aversion to 3D and even digital is understandable given his appetite for the clarity of IMAX and texture of film grain, but his latest medium for reaching fans is even more old-fashioned.
IMAX announced Tuesday that ticketholders attending 12:01 a.m. screenings of The Dark Knight on July 20 will receive an exclusive print featuring the film’s marquee villain, Bane (Tom Hardy).
Previously, Warner Bros. released digital posters for each of the major characters in the film, including Bane. But the new black and white image, which premiered on Fandango on Tuesday, is a limited-edition treat that fans can take home with them – while supplies last, anyway.
Meanwhile, Nolan shot more than an hour of footage for The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX, ensuring that those same ticketholders will get their money’s worth even if they don’t go home with one of the prized keepsakes.
The Dark Knight Rises opens nationwide in IMAX and traditional film formats July 20.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport