'The Dark Knight Rises' Latest Poster Reveals a Broken Batman
Just a few days short of the prologue hitting IMAX screens around the country, Christopher Nolan's final entry into the franchise debuts ominous new artwork.
The teases for The Dark Knight Rises, the upcoming final installment Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, are coming fast and furious.
Stars Christian Bale and Tom Hardy recently opened up about filming the July 2012 picture, then press caught a 8-minute preview that will start screening before IMAX showings of Mission Impossible on Dec. 16 and now there's a new poster.
The new artwork comes on the heels of the summer's Inception-esque image of the Batman logo appearing in the middle of a crumbling Gotham skyline. This time, Hardy's Bane is the star. The hulking villain is seen stepping away from the the picture with a broken Batman mask laying in the foreground.
The new tagline, "The Legend Ends," isn't too cheery, either.
So could this bleak campaign mean Nolan might actually plan to off Bale's Batman in his swansong? All bets appear to be off.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)