'The Dark Knight Rises' Teaser Poster Unveiled Online (Photo)
See the first poster image for Christopher Nolan's third Batman film starring Christian Bale.
Warner Bros. has unveiled the teaser poster for its summer 2012 tentpole The Dark Knight Rises.
The image, posted Monday at thedarkknightrises.com, features a view of Gotham City, with the camera pointing upward at several skyscrapers as they appear to be collapsing but giving the undeniable shape of a bat.
No sign of star Christian Bale -- or any other cast member.
The movie is the third Batman film to be directed by Christopher Nolan.
At first brush, the teaser image is reminiscent of the posters for Nolan's 2010 film Inception, which featured the cast against a backdrop of crumbling skyscrapers.
While this is the first poster image for the movie, Warners previously released images of Thomas Hardy as the villain Bane.
Gary Oldman will reprise his role as Commissioner Gordon, while a slew of franchise newcomers also has joined the film, including Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR