'Dark Knight Rises' Final Trailer Debut Paired With 'Avengers' in Theaters
Warner Bros. previously placed previews for "Inception" and "The Dark Knight" prior to Marvel Studios film releases.
Though theaters will already be bursting at the seams with superheroes next month, they will need to make room for one more. The third and final trailer for The Dark Knight Rises will be shown ahead of Marvel’s The Avengers when it’s released in the U.S. May 4, a Warner Bros. rep confirms to THR.
NolanFans.com, a Web site dedicated to Dark Knight helmer Christopher Nolan, noticed the placement for the trailer listed on a Warner Bros. exhibitor site. It’s scheduled to play on both 2D and 3D conventional screens as well as 2D and 3D IMAX screens.
'This isn’t the first time Warners has used a Marvel release to promote a film. A trailer for Nolan's Inception ran with Iron Man 2 in 2010, and the final trailer for The Dark Knight was shown before the first Iron Man two years before that.
Just as The Dark Knight set box office records in 2008, The Avengers appears poised for greatness.The Marvel Studios film is tracking to open north of $150 million, which would put it in the same territory of The Dark Knight’s $158 million opening weekend four years ago.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!