'Dark Knight Rises' Final Trailer Debut Paired With 'Avengers' in Theaters
Warner Bros. previously placed previews for "Inception" and "The Dark Knight" prior to Marvel Studios film releases.
Though theaters will already be bursting at the seams with superheroes next month, they will need to make room for one more. The third and final trailer for The Dark Knight Rises will be shown ahead of Marvel’s The Avengers when it’s released in the U.S. May 4, a Warner Bros. rep confirms to THR.
NolanFans.com, a Web site dedicated to Dark Knight helmer Christopher Nolan, noticed the placement for the trailer listed on a Warner Bros. exhibitor site. It’s scheduled to play on both 2D and 3D conventional screens as well as 2D and 3D IMAX screens.
'This isn’t the first time Warners has used a Marvel release to promote a film. A trailer for Nolan's Inception ran with Iron Man 2 in 2010, and the final trailer for The Dark Knight was shown before the first Iron Man two years before that.
Just as The Dark Knight set box office records in 2008, The Avengers appears poised for greatness.The Marvel Studios film is tracking to open north of $150 million, which would put it in the same territory of The Dark Knight’s $158 million opening weekend four years ago.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR